Monday, March 2, 2009

Let's do lunch


Dukkah Delight Sandwich

Everyone loves "free samples". Its a time to feed your kids on the go as well as get some shopping done, its the perfect setup until you buy something that only tasted good at the store. I am sure it has happened to of you, Costco being the worst because then you are stuck with it for a really long time (I have their smoothie something-or-other sitting in my freezer). Anyways as I was packing my husbands lunch I decided to create a whole new sandwich using my recent purchase of "Dukkah". Its label reads as "an addictive dry dip of hazelnuts and exotic spices" and at the store it really was (which explains the reason I bought it) but bringing it home its versatility escaped me until today.

Ingredients:
2 slices favorite sandwich bread
3 tbsp goat cheese (chevre)
2 tbsp half-in-half
1 tbsp dukkah
4-6 slices of pastrami

Directions:
Toast bread, while toasting heat the goat cheese and half-in-half in saucepan over medium-low heat until blended. Spread the cheese on each bread and sprinkle the Dukkah over them. Finish off with the pastrami. I packed a sauerkraut salad that I made to complement the sandwich. Anything sour or with vinegar will do. Enjoy it.

Note: I bought my Dukkah at Whole Foods

Yummy hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment