Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Emergency Facials


Summer 2006
Back in the day of perfect skin,
Really, not even one line?


May 28 2009
Took me by surprise,
I look really tired, aged and dull.


June 2 2009
Look older but better,
with only 3 days of treatments.

My life consists of three time frames, just like the many of you...so I am sure you can relate. There was the time of youth and freedom where breakouts were always a common issue but seemed under control. Then as I got older, kids became the common issue and they began to put a different kind of expression on my face. "Out of control" is the last period, the time where I realized that change needs to happen immediately.

Perhaps when you glanced at the pictures the change was not as drastic but keep in mind that they were all taken in the same gloomy Northwest weather, outdoors. My hair color and weight are similar in the three pictures and the only difference is that in 2006 I took time to cleanse, scrub and mask. Three years later bad habits formed and I didn't even notice as my skin became bumpy, oily and blotchy. I realize that you can't see all that in the photo but a noticeable difference still stands, without even seeing the condition of my skin I look more refreshed, relaxed and elastic (some how even the wrinkles under my eyes faded).

I knew that we couldn't afford fancy treatments or creams so I searched on-line for a miracle. The information was there and I wrote down 3 recipes, from a site that unfortunately has a virus today so I can't send a link just yet but its www.cosmeticsdiary.com if you want to check it out later.

I do want you to know that before I did any of these I did use a store bought cleanser and scrub that I already had.

Biore Strips: to clean those unsightly pores
1 1/2 Tbsp Heated milk
1 Tbsp Unflavored Gelatin

Mix together and apply to face. It takes about 10-15 minutes to dry but once it is just peel back and amuse yourself. I loved this recipe a lot for many reasons. One of those reasons is that it is really easy, another is that it's warm on the face and also because I love to see results.

Tomatoe Mask: for Blemishes...UGH.
1 Ripe Tomatoe, diced
3 Tbsp Oatmeal, Old-fashioned or Instant
1 tsp Lemon Juice

The recipe called for being diced and mixed together, with only 1 Tbsp of Oatmeal but it was too runny so I added more Oatmeal and Processed it together. It made enough for 2 times so I refrigerated the rest for the next day. I loved that it was cool and tingly on my face but it was still runny so take a towel, just in case.


Pineapple Olive Oil Mask:
1/2 cup Pineapple
3 tbsp Olive Oil

I would process this one as well just because I prefer a paste substance. I actually didn't try this one out yet but I am planning on it for the weekend. It sounds promising and I am looking forward to my results.


I realize that some of you may have great products that work for you but this post is only to encourage the use of home made products because I saw results in only 3 applications. So go ahead and find something that will work for you, or give these recipes a chance. Either way, join me on this journey because we are not getting any younger......

Refresh, hope.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great ideas..by the way you look beautiful in all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you looked the same to me just more beautiful each year;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well ok maybe the second one you did look tired but nothing that goods night rest wont cure. (by the way i never saw that neckles:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tired, REALLY? That's one of the first signs of looking older.....

    ReplyDelete