Wednesday, June 17, 2009

100 Things To Do

Every week there seems to be a routine feeling of "100 things to do". Tackling the house, balancing life and raising our kids gives us each a list of our own. Here is my typical Monday.

9:00 am
My first step: Do that which I would never get to.

15 nails hammered to fix my jewelry case.
1 moldy plant, that needed to be saved.
Things that are not in the way don't bother me.

10:00 am
My second step: Do that which I have trouble remembering.

4 pillowcases removed and
4 stinky sheets washed.
I always think it could wait one more week.

2 rugs vacuumed on the deck and
5 pieces of furniture placed back on them.
Outdoors chores escape me constantly.

10 Bank Bills filed away,
5 passports opened and organized,
15 post-its were picked over.
If I could I would hire some one.

11:00 am
My Third step: Pick up all that stuff everywhere!

4 pairs of shoes, in each corner of the house.
15 Lego pieces scattered between different cabinets.
1 small bin of infant toys put back.
It is possible that most of this mess was made by "Drakers" and
keeping up with a toddlers adventures requires a whole other list.

8 folded towels put back on the shelf
2 stacks of clothes to hang or put away
3 blankets, folded neatly.
This is a repeated laundry cycle which I realize that if I did it correctly, It would eliminate this step. Too lazy...too late for regret.

12:00 pm
My fourth step: Feed the family lunch,
Munch while preparing.

12:30 pm
My fifth step: Clean all of our filth.

5 windows windexed to a sparkling shine.
7 mirrors cleaned, reflection perfect.
6 black surfaces dusted,
4 garbage buckets emptied,
5 sinks scrubbed until shiny,
3 toilets sanitized of their odor,
7 counters wiped clean.
6 rooms were vacuumed and
4 rooms with hardwood floors were washed.
5 bedroom beds had to be remade.
17 Pillows fluffed and placed

My last step: Clean the kitchen

50 dishes loaded
15 dishes washed by hand
3 appliances wiped down
1 table straightened
4 place mats put down
12 fresh flowers trimmed
2 pillows fluffed.

2:00 and 250 things later I sit back and rest.

I am really happy that I only clean once a week. It takes care of that but like many of you know that's not even the half of it. I tackle most of it on one day to free my mind from it and I am curious to know the ways you tackle yours. What's your list of a hundred or more? What do your days look like? Make one yourself and let us know because everyone needs to tackle life we just go about it differently.

Tackle, hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment