Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Curry Creation

About four years ago Trader Joe's used to have recipe cards available. They were simple, quick and always a delight to make. I think I tried about 5 different recipes and just as I was getting excited about them they changed it up, don't you just hate when that happens? An awareness happens the moment something is taken away and you realize that it will never be the same again. This happened with Trader Joe's and the thing that drew me in was replaced with store samples. To this day I have a bitterness about it and refuse to try them. Regardless of this past, I think that it's time I move forward, to let it go and spread the word about it.

The heart of "Joe" is a unique grocery experience, where produce is always at it's peak, guaranteed with customer satisfaction and a wine selection like no other. Where the people come first, where kids are paid attention to and a knowledgeable staff that wants to help. I do love going there and one of my favorite recipe cards was their "Curry Chicken Sandwich". Of course I made a few minor touches of my own so feel free to do the same.

Curry Chicken Sandwich

2 cups water
3/4 cup bulgar wheat
1 can Trader Joe's Chicken
2/3 bottle Thai Yellow Curry Sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup diced onion



Combine all in a large pot.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Add fresh diced onions and
Finely chopped cilantro.
Serve in a pita pocket with
Cilantro and Sour Cream.

I go there a whole lot, so much in fact that I think I tried most of everything their at least once so by trying this recipe and giving me enough feedback I will try to recreate their "recipe card" idea and continue from where they left off. Tell me what you think.

Favorite, hope.


4 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I have to go and get the bulgar wheat, but other than that I'm set. Thanks for another great recipe idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that you like this one, it is definately a keeper in my book. One thing you must know though is that there are different grain sizes and the medium one works best, Trader joes used to carry it but sadly not anymore.
    Once again, thankyou for your feedback. Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first discoverd a laundry detergent Tide Simple Pleasures; I immediately fell in love and knew right then that the smell of my towels, bed sheets, clothes..etc were filling up my home with an aroma I can not describe in words, setting a mood of pure pleasure. And yes it happened the day when everything changed Tide Simple Pleasures was discontinued....I did move on...however its not the same anymore...I still dream of the smell....Yes they have them in softeners but its not the sme as detergent they use to make.

    ReplyDelete