Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Pound of Mound

Tip #2: My mound

Very seldom do I bake a cake for our family. Usually this kind of "fun" waits until holidays, potlucks or parties but I have come to realize that enjoying homemade doesn't need to have a Whole foods label. Any time I bake, I trim the mounds from both the half's of the cake and place them in the freezer for a better time. One cake turns out level and perfect and the other one has a more rustic appeal. Either which way I always have something on hand that is both easy and delicious because sweets are always a must in my home.

Here is a very versatile cream recipe that is light in texture but rich in flavor. I love that the cool whip needs to be frozen, just makes it that much more simple. It goes well with many cakes but I have to say I love it filled into puff pastry squares after they have cooled (also very easy, girls).

Quick n' easy

Cool Whip cream:

8 oz. Butter , softened
8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
1 can Condensed Milk
8 oz. Cool whip, Frozen

Beat butter until light, add cream cheese and beat until incorporated. Add Condensed Milk and also beat until incorporated. Divide Cool Whip into 6 sections and add into mixture. Once all of it has been added in beat an extra minute.

Whip up, hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment