Monday, December 6, 2010

My Holiday Menu


Creating a Menu usually takes me a little time. Its a sit down moment filled with opened cook books on my table. The way I usually start is with a favorite recipe, and work my way down from there. In this case it was a Red Curry Salmon that lays on a bed of a Cabbage Slaw. With the main course figured out, I knew I needed a starter, a salad and a side. Going along with the Thai flavors of the dish I added my recent favorite, Thai pumpkin Soup. After that, the sides were easy because my sister-in-law makes the most amazing Stuffed Mushrooms and a Marinated Carrot Salad, and even though it might sound ordinary the flavors she puts together are anything but. The Carrot Salad she makes has coriander and garlic that linger on the tip of your tongue, while hints of spicy cayenne add a little bit to the dish. Also, in addition to my recipes I will post my a few new things I added to my kitchen, that help my day in it be a little easier.

Starters:

Thai Pumpkin Soup
Marinated Carrot Salad

Main:

Red Curry Salmon with Cabbage Slaw
Basmati Rice
Stuffed Mushrooms

Dessert:

Christmas Caramel Cookies
Russian Branches

Hope.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and i'm in love with your beautiful home, your decor, party planning, and all your recipes. Your such an inspiration, you have a great creative eye! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Welcome.

    Thank you so much. I am glad to share my days with all of my friends and family that enjoy peeks into my life.

    Thank you for your interest.Hope.

    ReplyDelete