Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Card

I finally ordered my Christmas Cards and even though all the people in our lives will be receiving them, I thought it would also be a good time to share our year with my followers.

I need to start by saying that we have been so blessed to have every thing we need and more. For starters, staying in our home has been a huge blessing. For us, it has honestly been a humbling experience and I find myself smiling at the thought that we have had both the opportunity to live with much and to live with less.

It seems that while our plans have taken us down a easy road in the past, we realized that it had only been by his grace. It was in that grace that he gave us some really great moments and filled our lives with people that have not only celebrated with us but today have helped sustain us. People that have walked the road with us, prayed for us, and encouraged us in every step, in every turn and then at every fall.

More then ever we have seen God's work through people. Families who prayed for us when we needed them to. Men who walked with my husband as he fought for his business, learning from the leaders in his life so that he could learn to lead. Each and every week we gathered with our house church to eat, relax, and almost always laugh.

I do believe that there is something about laughter that softens even the roughest spaces. There is something about community that smooths out the hardest of places. And there is something about prayer that touches the most delicate part of the soul. A year filled with that, in my books is a great year.

Happy holidays, hope.









1 comment:

  1. Hi Hope,

    I don’t think I ever met you in person. But I know the Cherinechenkos family..we used to be in church together a long time ago when we were kids. I must say though, I enjoy reading your blog, and seeing all of your yummy recipes and your decorations. You are one creative, talented mother. You have very precious beautiful children. God Bless You and your family..and perhaps one day we will meet.
    =)


    Merry Christmas!


    Pearl (Olga Ozeruga)

    ReplyDelete