Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Getting Started


As in many of the design make-over shows, in between commercial breaks there is the first step to any project. It seems so simple on T.V. but the actuality of clearing a room for me is a whole day of work. There is the moving of previous furniture and the decisions that come with it. I chose to try to sell the bigger things but this also lead me to take photos for the ads. After that was out of the way, I began searching my garage for the bin of painting supplies that I vaguely remembered. It was found neatly stacked on one of the shelves, which brought up the point that we are some what organized but labels would have helped. I carried the bin upstairs, along with the ladder and buckets of just purchased paint. I was so close to painting.


The next step is the prep-work. All that masking made me question weather or not I wanted to do this, as well as remind me why I don't do this very often. I am sure that to many of you this is not as big of an ordeal, but for me, the one that was blessed to be short....it is. Everything was going as planned and I painted my little heart out. It felt light, fresh and clean.


Disaster strikes, count on it. It turned out that my original idea was just not coming out so well on the wall. Being some what optimistic, I laid out a new plan in my mind. The results turned out better and it being late into the night I was relieved, just not satisfied.

Resting, hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment