Thursday, March 17, 2011

Following hope


The second week of our financial peace looked a little different then a brand new sewing machine and cash in an envelope. But, all the same it came as another surprise from God.

It started on a Friday when I came into the shop, lunch bag in one hand, kid in another. It was a typical kind of day for me and I was excited to tell him that "We finally did it!" We, for the first time made our budget by not getting by with less but seeing how many opportunities we have been given to have everything.

Life was good for us, but it was about to get better. Because, as I handed him his lunch sack (unusually prepared the morning of) he announced that he wouldn't be eating it that day. He, my husband was sustaining himself from food. And then, as evening rolled around, I couldn't help but ask the question why?

Leadership he said, and although it came both unexpected, it had also been awaited. A leader, was exactly what I had been praying about. Some one to initiate daily prayer and be an example in devotion and scripture. Some one who would guide us through the storms by the quickened hand of God. And as my list of expectations grew in my ideas of an ideal "leader" I began to feel convicted. Quickly I realized that God had actually been waiting for me.

He had been waiting for me to have faith in my husband. To be some one that would walk along side of him and his ideas, instead of see the impossibility in them. And as I looked into his eyes I saw a motivation that walked right into his heart and was not letting go. I saw the kind of faith that settles in and doesn't kid around. By the look on his face, I knew that he was ready to trust in the Lord and I was finally ready to trust him.

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord. Whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when the heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 16: 7-8

Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment