Monday, August 9, 2010

Day in my kitchen


Sunday breakfasts are my favorite. We had potato pancakes with a mushroom spinach filling that was topped by an over easy egg. Delicious, but it was doing it Omlette style that proved to be a hit.

Moms potato pancakes.
3 med. potatoes, peeled and shredded
1 egg, beaten in
Salt and pepper to taste

For lunch, my traditional recipe for "Breakfast boats" went lunch today! By substituting the egg with a recipe of "Marinated Tomatoes" it was an easy but perfect combination of flavor.

Two hearty meals was enough to satisfy our family for the day, but dessert was still unaccounted for so tea seemed appropriate. We get our tea from "Townsheds" check it out at http://www.townshendstea.com/.


Lastly, this is one of my favorite cakes. A simple Strawberry Cream Cake that is exceptional in my books. Stay tuned for a recipe that should be posted this week.

Sunday, hope.

7 comments:

  1. All I have to say is... Mmmmm! Reading your blog posts makes me want to get off my tush and actually go cook something! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....I am feeling like doing a cooking episode this week, just to promote the apron giveaway. So inspiration is good :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome idea for breakfast with the potato pancakes! wow! You're good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This food is so delish, I can only imagine for now, Nadia you inspire me to cook this week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying new things helps me, that way I continue to learn and be excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually did make these boats for Lunch, I served them w/ salad, I have to say they were gone in a blink of an eye. Next time im making double.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! MMMMM....Melty cheese has a way of melting my heart :)

    ReplyDelete