Monday, May 28, 2012

Third times a charm

It's the end of the day and I sit here alone. The stillness soothes my tierd body and i embrace the small moment of rest. By the hand on the clock, I know that I should close my eyes. But yet here I lie in the softness of my sheets, thinking about the events of my day and the impact that James had on me.

I opened the bible to the verse that was trying to speak to me. The words seemed to make more sense, and i enjoyed the conversation with my God. Be patient. He said. See here, how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. Today, you were the farmer. Your dedication and patience, pleased me. And I had favor over your day. Just as I had favor on the farmer, so that when he prayed,the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced crops. (James 5:7, 18 NIV)

I felt loved by him. I felt like he had appreciated my hard work and really understood me. To him it didn't matter that they were cookies, what mattered was that I kept making them no matter how many times they had failed me. These moments challenged me to regain my strength in starting over, regain my patience in being precise, and regain the hope I had lost in myself.

From the goodness of a heart, good outcomes follow. But with the grace of God it can become a great success.

Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment