Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Knotical Room


Some one very wise once told me that the rule to being blessed is by blessing others. About a month ago I was given a pile of miscellaneous fabrics and I have been looking for special ways to give back a little of what was given to me.

This week as I helped my sister-in-law prepare a guest bedroom for her summer visitors. I made this custom art piece for her Nautical inspired room. I used some the fabric I was given on a set of frames, stapled it to a ply wood board and then formed the knots before gluing them on.

Of course I just couldn't help myself but make the matching decorate pillow you see on the bed (by now you should know my obsession with them). Pulled together with a golden button, it was a simple but yet a favorite piece of mine.




Whimsical details of boats, sailors, and shells added interest to the room but went along well with the functional ones too. Things like towels, slippers, robes, and body products will make the guests feel welcomed and comfortable.

Things that we had to keep in mind was that NOT ALL ocean things will work together. Less is more and simple is best. Picking out just a few favorite things usually helps in any decorating adventure.

In the end, my sister loved the room and thanked me more then I could probably handle. What she doesn't know is that I have been waiting for an opportunity. My blessing to her will in turn be her blessing for the guests staying in that room. So instead I think she gave me a privilege.

Note: The total it took to make this room from nothing to something took approximately $100 dollars.

Linked together, Hope.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous idea with the frames!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job you are fabulous in everything that you do. Be blessed

    ReplyDelete